What to do with cremation ashes if your loved one or pet has passed away and has been cremated. Please note, this contains *trigger warning* references to baby death and may be upsetting. Some people scatter the ashes, some choose to keep them at home, and others might be looking for a way to wear their loved one close or do something special with them. What to do with cremation ashes is something we often talk about with our customers because we only need a pinch per piece so there’s always a lot left.
What to do with Cremation Ashes – The Basics
To learn more about the cremation process and watch a tasteful video please click here (please note that the video shows the deceased and may be triggering for some). A human adult will usually equate to a shoe box size amount of ashes, a horse will be a large carrier bag, small pets can be a few teaspoons. Some are too small for there to be enough ashes to keep, so sometimes people like to put a small white feather or a forget me not flower in jewellery to represent them.
2. Include them in an eco friendly marine reef for an environmentally friendly option for anyone wondering what to do with cremation ashes
3. Cremation Ink tattooing where the ashes are finely ground and added to ink. This studio is based in Cheshire, UK but there are artists around the world offering the service. You can ask for vegan-friendly tattoo ink for a
4. Woodland Burial which is a secular and multi-faith burial site in Bristol, UK and there are similar all around the world where you can bury their ashes.
5. Planting Cremation Ashes is a very sustainable option but because of the high PH and sodium levels, the ashes need to be treated first
6. Eco Urns like the Bios Urn
7. Mystery Piece memorial jewellery is a budget option for wearable resin and mostly EcoSilver jewellery
8. Ash drawings by Icons in Ash
This blog is sponsored by Amazon Audible, who have given me this link for a free trial and audio book for you all. I love to listen to books as I work and at the moment I’m listening to Michelle Obama’s autobiography – Becoming and Sapiens, A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari. I’ve usually got three or four books on the go but Audible and Kindle mean I can switch from one device to the next.