When someone close to you loses a loved one it can be a struggle to find the right memorial gift ideas for them. Nothing can replace someone who has passed away but the right keepsake can bring a bit of light to someone who’s grieving.
Memorial Gift Ideas
1. Forget Me Not Seeds, ten packs containing 1000 seeds each. They can be given as favours at a funeral or service
2. Lock of Hair Jewellery which we make by hand. You’ll be sent a kit with your order number on a little pot in which you put a small lock of hair. All of our prices have been reduced and we offer special packages for orders from funeral homes. You can even make your own if you’re crafty using this blog.
3. Memory Funeral Guest Book for people to write condolences after a service
4. Personalised Lantern for keeping candles safe from gusts of wind
“Share Your Special Memories Here” chalkboard sign by Angel & Dove. An A5 card sign and stand which can be placed on a memory table at a funeral or celebration of life to gently encourage guests to sign the memory, condolence or guest book. The sign is printed on 400gsm card (about the same thickness as a greetings card) and has white text on a chalkboard effect background.
6. White biodegradable printed balloons for release without harming the environment and animals
7. Personalised Memorial Absence Candles to remember someone on a special day, especially a wedding. Light this candle as a symbol of the special people who cannot be with you and remember how special and important they were to you
8. Stamped Stacking Rings with your loved one’s name, a special message, or some special dates by The Candle Lady
9. Cremation Ash Jewellery made with a little bit of your loved one’s ashes in charm beads, rings and necklaces. You can see our Sending Elements page for details on how to send in the ashes from around the globe. You can even make your own if you’re crafty using this two-part blog.
10. Solar Memorial & Greeting Lamp is ideal for any occasion when usually a card is sent. Solar powered: No running costs, no plugs, no wires. These lovely lamps last for years: cards last for days. You can also insert your own photos, images and text to make a truly personal display.
11. Elasticated Black respect armband for funerals, sports clubs, football, hockey, rugby or any team sport. Great for a suit jacket sleeve and football shirt
12. In Loving Memory Photo Frame oak veneer portrait style photo frame. The top is engraved with In Loving Memory and your choice of name/s. The bottom of the frame can be personalised over three lines. Can be either wall mounted or freestanding
13. Natural Wooden Memorial Marker with bevelled edges and attached stake. Fully handmade in County Down, Northern Ireland. Can be fully personalised, with any wording you would like
14. Bronze Teardrop Cremation Urn handcrafted by the specialists with considerable care from the finest quality of material. Bronze Teardrop Keepsake Urn is a stylish and will make a fine addition to any home. Used to discreetly hold cremains (cremation ashes), dried ceremonial flowers, burial soil, locks of hair or other personal mementos of a loved one.
15. Natural Oak Wooden Five Picture Cube made of natural oak wood this is a really beautiful item. Holds 4 pictures around the outside of the cube & 1 photo on the top of lid. The lid simply lifts off so can even be used as a keepsake box
16. Food is always a good option when you’re bringing a little something to a grieving friend. As more and more of us are looking for vegan, dairy-free and other special requirements but struggle to find the ingredients for these special recipes, you can order online and have them delivered. Try Fliss’s Fancy, where vegan treat maker Emma has a beautiful story behind the business.
Memorial Gift Ideas Tree of Opals blog
This post contains affiliate links meaning that if you click on the links I might receive a small amount of commission, which comes in handy on Amazon for our two children’s books!