January 2018 Update
New orders are estimated to take around 4-5 months or less due to our new apprentices. We are so grateful to everyone for their patience over 2017 where personal issues have slowed down the process, but we’re getting back up to speed now
Nikki & the team
After you pay, check your emails for the order confirmation, if you don’t have it in your inbox or junkmail you’ll need to whitelist email@example.com or treeofopals.com (see instructions here). We can resend the confirmation email! We will see your order is for breastmilk jewellery and change the status from Processing to To Send Breastmilk Kit.
We usually ask that you send around 21ml (two thirds of an oz) because having suffered chronic low supply herself, Nicola knows it’s not always easy to express especially when our little ones grow. We can take much less than but we ask you to aim for two 6ml tubes.
Having used both formula and donor milk with her children, artist Nicola is happy to include these on request, but it’s never “necessary” so long as you have some frozen milk or you can still manage a few drops.
Instructions for expressing a small amount
1. have a really garlicky meal the night before, and a big bowl of porridge before bed
2. have porridge for breakfast then have a bath or shower. While the warm water relaxes you start to massage your milk ducts then hand express a little. The idea here isn’t to express milk, it’s to get your breasts to produce some milk later.
3. that afternoon have some fennel tea or even stinging nettle tea if you’re on a budget (make sure they don’t have cat wee on though hehe)
4. start to try to hand express into the tubes. You’ll probably only get a few drops but it’s a start. One bead of colostrum is a start. put that bottle in the freezer upright.
5. that evening take out the bottle and express a few drops again, massaging the milk ducts downwards each time as you do. repeat the next day and you should find 3ml no problem.
We’re usually on hand on Facebook PM or email if you have any questions. Here are some galactagogue ideas to give yourself a boost! If you’re really struggling please email Nicola on firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget to be kind to yourself.